Join Our Team
Ruby on Rails Developer
Iterative Consulting is an Albuquerque-based technology consulting firm that specializes in developing interactive, web-based data visualization and data analysis tools. We are seeking a talented Ruby on Rails Developer who enjoys learning new technologies, solving challenging problems, and building quality software.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment where you will be expected to contribute your ideas, take ownership of tasks, manage expectations, and meet deadlines.
Iterative Consulting uses the latest technologies on a number of exciting projects to serve our clients, who represent several sectors including healthcare, workforce, and local government.
We are passionate about building software to effect change, advance scientific understanding, and benefit human well-being, and we are fortunate to serve many clients with similar aims.
Because this position involves remote team members on flexible schedules, strong communication skills and self-motivation will be essential to success.
- Develop impactful, high quality web applications as a member of a small, agile team.
- Participate in our regular stand-up and sprint planning meetings.
- Follow our coding standards to produce readable, well-documented code.
- Maintain regular hours, and accurately track your time and work.
- Take a self-directed approach to learning new skills.
- Remain knowledgeable about and sensitive to security issues.
- Request support from and provide support to other team members.
- Control, meet, and exceed expectations.
- Work with other developers on the team
- Very strong Ruby on Rails skills
- Experience developing web applications in Rails
- Experience with version control (We use git and mercurial.)
- Experience using HTTP to interact with APIs and web applications
- Familiarity with HTML5 / CSS3
- Deadline driven and independent
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- History of leading small teams
- Angular / React
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Functional programming
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
It is the policy of Iterative Consulting, LLC, to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Iterative Consulting, LLC, will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB