Join Our Team
Web Application Developer
Iterative Consulting is an Albuquerque-based consulting firm that specializes in custom software development for web and mobile applications.
We are currently seeking a talented Web Application Developer who enjoys learning new technologies, solving challenging problems, and building quality software.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a small team of highly experienced developers to build, launch, and maintain a new web application for a SaaS startup. You will be invited and expected to contribute your ideas, to participate in our agile process, to be willing to learn new skills, to step outside your comfort zone, and -- of course -- to write amazing code.
Specific experience with Ruby on Rails or Angular is not required, but it is preferred. Candidates should, at a minimum, have extensive experience with modern web application frameworks and proficiency working in both the backend and frontend of an application.
Because this position involves remote team members on flexible schedules, strong communication skills and self-motivation will be essential to success.
- Write amazing code.
- Document your amazing code.
- Test your amazing code.
- Peer review the amazing code that other team members write.
- Participate via webcam in our regular stand-up and sprint planning meetings.
- Maintain regular hours, and accurately track your time and work.
- Take a self-directed approach to learning new skills.
- Remain knowledgeable about security issues.
- Request support from and provide support to other team members.
- Control, meet, and exceed expectations.
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications in a modern web framework, such as Ruby on Rails, Play!, Revel, NodeJS / Express, or Django
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications using a front-end framework, such as Angular, AngularJS, React, Vue, or Ember
- Excellent proficiency with CSS / SASS / LESS
- Strong attention to detail
- Empathy for users
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to relocate to New Mexico
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Angular
- Passion for creating amazing visual interfaces.
- Proficiency with SQL and database fundamentals
This is a benefits-eligible position. Our benefits include health insurance, 401(k), PTO, holiday pay, long-term disability insurance, and profit sharing bonuses.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about using the latest technology to build impactful software while having the freedom to work from home on a flexible schedule, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a resume and a brief paragraph summarizing your background and interest in the position.
It is the policy of Iterative Consulting, LLC, to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Iterative Consulting, LLC, will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB